If you are a music lover, you might already know what Spotify is. This audio streaming media service permits users to relish virtually copyright-restricted recorded podcasts and music. With that said, over 70 million people are currently using Spotify reportedly.
Most of Spotify’s features are free, while one may need to pay for some benefits. Spotify supports all platforms, whether an Android device, iOS, Windows, or MacBook. However, lately, many users have been facing issues using this app.
Sometimes, the downloaded Spotify songs go missing, which may appear frustrating, no? Whatsoever, you do not need to stress yourself on this as we have got the solution to this problem for you. This guide will inform you how to unhide a song on Spotify. So, without further delay, allow us to enlighten you!
Causes of Hidden or Deleted Songs on Spotify
Before we proceed with the main topic, it would be best to understand the real cause behind this Spotify issue. By knowing the problem, you would be able to solve it effectively. Some possible problems that may cause Spotify’s songs to disappear or get deleted are listed below.
- The song you might be trying to access might be unavailable on Spotify.
- You might be facing some network connectivity issues due to a poor internet connection.
- Some songs might get inapproachable in a particular region or country. This could limit their access to a Spotify user.
- Some songs may also be subjected to copyright issues, which may make them unavailable.
- Chances are, one might be using a different Spotify account.
- If the Spotify app does not load properly, the downloaded songs could get deleted.
- Your device’s connection could be disabled while downloading a song from Spotify.
- You might have deleted the song you are searching for accidentally.
- Any other application or device which has access to your Spotify account might have deleted the songs.
How to Unhide a Song on Spotify?
If you notice a song unavailable on Spotify, it is most probably because it has been made unavailable. However, to unhide a song, all you need to do is head over to your account settings and turn on the display of inaccessible content from there. Using this method, one can conveniently learn how to unhide a song on Spotify and retain access to their playlists.
For Android Users
- Simply launch the Spotify application on your device and press the Gear Icon to visit the Settings.
- Then, click on the Playback Settings and turn on the icon for ‘Show Unplayable Songs.’
- At last, save the changes, go back to your playlist, and press on the ‘Unhide’ button again to make the unavailable songs visible.
For Computer Users
- If you use Spotify on a PC or laptop, go to Spotify’s website and log into your account from there.
- By clicking on the Gear Icon from the top, you can get access to your account’s settings.
- Once the page displaying Spotify’s settings has opened, turn on the ‘Show Unavailable Songs in Playlist’ feature from the Display option.
- At last, go back to your preferred playlist and tap on the Unhide/Hide toggle button to view the hidden songs.
For iOS Users
- First, launch the Spotify app on your iOS device and press the Gear Icon from the Home Page to view settings.
- Next, go back to the Playback settings and look for the ‘Hide Unplayable Songs’ feature. You need to turn this feature off so that Spotify does not intentionally hide any particular track.
- Lastly, you need to return to your playlist and press the unhide button to unhide songs while using Spotify.
How to Recover Spotify Playlists from their Website?
While one cannot recover the deleted songs from Spotify’s application or website, it is still possible to recover the deleted playlists. However, this option isn’t currently available on their application. We need to visit their website using a smartphone or computer for this purpose. Following the below-mentioned three simple steps, you can comfortably recover a deleted playlist from Spotify.
- Open the official website of Spotify using your phone or computer and press the hamburger icon to access the log-in feature.
- After logging in to your account by entering the required credentials, select the ‘Recover Playlists’ feature from your account’s settings.
- From here, you can view all the recently deleted playlists from your Spotify account and recover them by tapping on the ‘Restore’ option.
It does not matter if you have accidentally lost access to any song from your Spotify account as long as you can redownload it, right? However, do give the tips mentioned above a try for recovering a hidden song or playlist.
Read more interesting articles at Infinite Techy